Featured Post

Celestial Stars and Other Goodies

I'm a big fan of trading.  In fact, trading is what keeps me here at Nachos Grande plugging away at my blog. Admittedly, I seem to add more cards to my want list than I acquire - but that doesn't mean I'm not trying!  I also am trying to keep my "thank you posts" from being too boring...but alas, I don't have the creative minds like many of the great bloggers out there.  Sorry about that.

Back to trading!  I recently completed a trade with blog reader Zac.  Zac sent me exactly four cards - I sent him twenty.  But that's ok because my want list is now reduced by three (one of the four cards was a Barry Larkin card as you'll soon see).  I also have no problem reducing the total number of "extra cards" that I have lying around.  In the end, it was a true win-win for me (and Zac too I hope)!

Zac helped me pick off another regular back mini Allen & Ginter card, but not from 2012 like most of my recent trades, no, this one is from 2010.

Zac also found a 2009 Topps Heritage insert card for me...

...and another Barry Larkin card for my collection.

And finally, the big catch (despite its diminutive size) of the trade (for me) - a 2010 Allen & Ginter Celestial Stars card of Mark Teixeira.

The Celestial Stars cards were tough pulls - so tough in fact that I initially sold the one or two that I found to help pay for my boxes.  Since then, I decided for some reason to add the Celestial Stars set back on my want list - so now I am the proud owner of exactly four of the twelve cards in the set.

My apologies to Night Owl who hates crooked scans.  My scanner would have been thrown out his window long ago if he had it...it never seems to scan cards straight.

Many thanks for the trade Zac!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments

  1. Nooo I had just stuffed that Barry Larkin SPx into an envelope...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment