Featured Post

The Barry Larkin Experiment: Round 1 is Complete!

It's been awhile since I have done anything with The Barry Larkin Experiment.  Voting sort of cooled off in the last few posts so I figured I would give the series a break for a bit before returning to it.  Quite honestly, I didn't exactly mean to stop the entire series from August 9th until today, but hey, that's how it worked out.

Before I can get to the next vote though, we need to take a look at the results from the last round (Round 1Y).

As you can see, there were only 9 total votes cast (contrast that with with Round 1W that had the two losing cards with 5 votes between them).  No matter, the votes are the votes!  Congratulations to the 1995 Dennys card and the 2011 Topps 60 relic for being the final two cards into the "true" contest.

At this point, we've taken the first 100 cards (as I wrote them up) in my Barry Larkin Collection and held a series of 25 votes designed to whittle 4 cards into the top 2 cards for each round.  I ended up going back through the 25 rounds and adding in all the cards that finished tied (either for first or second) and then used Excel to sort every card in terms of final seeding.  I seeded cards based on whether they finished first or second and then on the total number of votes received.  Without further ado, here is the bracket designed to take the 59 best Larkin cards (out of the first 100 cards in my collection) and determine which card is the best!

Depending on this goes, I may do something similar once I get around to posting the next 100 Barry Larkin cards in my collection!

Here's the bracket:


 And now, let the voting begin!

In order to keep sanity, I will only post a few votes at a time.  Please vote once per match-up!

1989 Upper Deck vs.  1988 Topps

A pair of "junk wax" era cards go head-to-head to earn the right to face the #1 seed in the contest.

1995 Topps vs. 1994 Topps

Another interesting pairing.  Neither card was a high seed so it's sort of like picking the slightly better card.

1992 Fleer Ultra vs.  1991 Bowman

I haven't exactly made it a secret that I don't usually care for Bowman.  Based on this match-up, I'm fairly confident that the Fleer Ultra card will eliminate the Bowman card without trouble.  However, you never know for sure!

Comments