Featured Post

The Barry Larkin Experiment: Round 1Y

Based on the results of the previous round, I have now realized that plenty of people love Pinnacle (but I still don't).  No matter, the Barry Larkin Experiment is designed to have the readers determine the best Larkin card so a big congrats to 1992 Pinnacle (oye) for winning Round 1X.  For completion, here are the final results from the previous round.

Now, it's on to the 25th vote in Round 1 - this time the vote should be a bit more interesting.

Round 1Y:

1995 Dennys:

I've been a bit surprised at how well the "odd ball" cards have done in the voting.  Last round, the Hostess card made it through but we also have cards from Tombstone, Toys R Us, and Post Cereal that have all made it to the second round of voting!  Will this card be the next oddball to make the leap?

1994 Donruss Triple Play:

If you like your cards loud and substance free, look no further than the Donruss Triple Play line.  Ok, that might not be entirely fair because this card isn't too bad (certainly better than other iterations of Donruss Triple Play).  I'm not a fan of the "see through" lettering used for Larkin's last name but I do like the back of the card quite a bit.  It won't shock me if this card makes it through - but it wouldn't shock me if it doesn't either.

2011 Topps - Diamond Duos insert:

We now arrive at the 2011 portion of the vote.  First up, a card that has no hope unless I have a whole bunch of Derek Jeter lovers who the blog  I don't think anyone really likes these dual player cards - especially since Topps has beaten the concept into the ground for the last three years.

2011 Topps - Topps 60 Relic:

The 100th card in my Barry Larkin Collection (that is, the 100th post that I did) featured this nice Larkin relic.  By my count, we have one other Larkin relic already into round 2 - will this one be the second?


Those are the nominees for Round 1Y.  As usual, you can find the poll on the sidebar to your right.  Thanks!

Comments

  1. No 3D nonsense for me. I'm voting Donruss TP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment