Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 98: 1994 Donruss Triple Play - #214

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Donruss Triple Play
Card number:  214

This is the second Donruss Triple Play card depicting Larkin in my collection - the first was from 1992.  Unlike the 1992 set, the '94 edition of Triple Play was a much classier design.  I believe the set was still marketed as an inexpensive set, but the visuals were updated nicely (which, when you see some of the other set designs from '94 you can understand why)!

The card itself is fairly nice.  The front of the card features a "see through" name design that should never be repeated, but otherwise is a solid design.  I especially like the large team logo that is centered above the player's name - that makes sorting a large group of these cards easy (not a particular issue for me since I don't think I own more than 10 or so '94 Triple Play cards total)!

The back of the card features full stats, plus a secondary photo and a brief write-up.  In essence, it's like a Topps base set 2.0 card back!  In fact, I think I like the Donruss card back better than Topps' '94 design!

Comments

  1. I am not sure if you are interested but I am selling off my Larking cards, all in one shot lot. 160 cards, 13 inserts, $15. Let me know if interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you could at least list the inserts? I've got a bunch of Larkins - probably close to 300 so $15.00 is a lot to spend on a bunch of cards that I (probably) have. Are all 160 different Larkins or are there duplicates in your stack?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment