Featured Post

My Brother Wrote a Book!

Most of the time, my blog is dedicated to posts that are somehow related to me or my collection.  Once in awhile, however, I have to give major props to someone else.  This is one of those times.

My youngest brother is leaving for Nebraska at the end of the week as he begins his graduate studies in Biology (special emphasis on turtles).  Somehow, in between studying for his undergraduate classes and exams he managed to churn out his first novel (part of a planned trilogy) that clocks in at about 250 pages.  For now, the book is only available as a digital download (though if you don't own a Kindle or the like you can download a free app for your phone or computer).

I'd love for his book to climb the charts a bit - so if you have $2.99 to spare, give his book a whirl.  I'm sure he'll appreciate any feedback.  Also, I have to say that the cover of the book is awesome (it was designed by a friend of both my brother and I) - an artist who has his own blog right here.  Give him some love as well - good stuff all the way around!

For those who might be interested, here's the book description (yanked right from Amazon's page ):
The teenaged Korza brothers, Matthew, Charles, and Travis, are all avid outdoorsmen, who thrive on mastering punishing wilderness conditions. They don’t know it but these skills will prove invaluable when they are mystically thrust into a medieval, world where a revolution against a venal monarch is underway. With no real memory of their former lives or even of their own relationships to each other, aside from a sense of unbreakable brotherly bond, the Korzas will have to somehow make their way amidst the turmoil of this new world. Encounters with the despotic king’s army of soulless killers inspire them to join the Resistance against him. As the war heats up to a boil, and new friendships, both human and animal, are forged in blood, the brothers discover reserves of courage and ingenuity that will serve their new comrades well.
In other blog news, come back tomorrow for the continuation of LEGO Theme Week!

Comments