Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Blogger Bracket Challenge 2013: Round 2 Results and Round 3 Writing Prompts!

Another round of the Blogger Bracket Challenge 2013 is in the books!  We had eight great submissions - but in this contest only four writers get to move on.

Who are those lucky scribes moving forward in the challenge?  Let's look at the results of the voting:

As you can see, Play at the Plate edged out Cardhobbyist for the first spot in the final four.  So far, PatP has made good on his #1 seeding!  In the next pairing, The Junior Junkie racked up an amazing 24 votes for his entry which knocks out The Diamond King.  In this case, it's Junior Junkie telling everyone that seeding doesn't matter as he's turned his #20 seeding into the second of the four Final Four spots.

In the other half of the bracket, we have Backstop Cards almost doubling up Jordan.  That's nothing to be ashamed of for Jordan since Backstop Cards is the #2 seed in the tournament.  The final vote saw another huge vote total - this time it was Comatoad knocking off Stealing Home.  Comatoad may have started the tournament as a relatively low seed (19th in this case) but after garnering 25, 25, and now 23 votes, I'd say Comatoad is another force to be reckoned with!

With the final four set, let's look at the bracket:
As you can see, we have the #1 and #2 seeds remaining and then the #19 and 20 seeds.  I love the symmetry of how the bracket turned out - but I would warn both the top seeds that they can't rest on their laurels...Comatoad and The Junior Junkie have produced hit after hit in terms of entries!

With the vote out of the way, it's time to move on to the Semifinals!

Given the amazing quality that ALL the competitors have put forth in the contest, I decided I should kick it up a notch or two in terms of the card prompts.  I already have my card picked out for the final prompt but for the semifinals I was at a loss.  I try to keep the "difficulty" even across the prompts...but I knew I needed something that might prove to be a bit more challenging than the previous two rounds.  Where better to look then Allen & Ginter?!

That's right.  It's Ginter Time baby - good luck to the four remaining contestants!  Remember, the winner of the contest gets ALL the cards that have served as writing prompts.  That means the winner will walk away with 21 cards as their "bounty" (plus I'll try to throw in some other stuff from their favorite team).

Group Q:
Play at the Plate vs. The Junior Junkie
Prompt:  Bigfoot

Group R:
Backstop Cards vs. Comatoad
Prompt:  Pluto

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!  As usual, make sure you leave a link to your entry on this post.  Since I'm a bit late in getting this up, I'll leave the entries open until Sunday, November 17 at 10:00 PM EST.  However, if all four of you turn your entries in earlier than that, I might be able to move the contest along a bit sooner!

Comments

  1. Mine is up...

    http://playattheplatedude.blogspot.com/2013/11/when-wheels-come-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go:

    http://thejuniorjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-super-duper-short-prints-of-2008.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder, I keep on forgetting to link to my posts, I just type 'em up and forget about 'em.

    http://backstopcards.blogspot.com/2013/11/fred-mcgriff-and-pluto.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my entry in the nick of time. http://bleedinbrownandgold.blogspot.com/2013/11/alas-poor-pluto.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment