Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! The Trade Stack Pays Off Again!

Over the past week or so, my blog has been inundated with two things:

1.  My 2005 Upper Deck Past Time Pennants countdown
2.  The Blogger Bracket Challenge Contest (Round 2 is now open by the way)

Despite the two above topics taking up most of my blogging time, I've still managed to sneak a few other posts in - including adding to my trade stack every now and then.  In fact, I do my best to make sure that I don't ever neglect the trade stack for too terribly long because it's a great way to get rid of cards I don't want or need and simultaneously acquire cards that I do need!

One of my latest trade stacks was claimed by Doug over at Sportscards from the Dollar Store.  Since my only rule for claiming a trade stack is that the person who claims the stack must send me at least one card from my want list, putting trade stack posts up on my blog directly results in a slow dwindling of my want list (which is a good thing).*

*I will now apologize to all my old English professors who are cringing at that terribly constructed, borderline run-on sentence.**

**Actually, my old English professors probably cringe at most of what I write these days.***

***In fact, my freshman year English professor would have automatically deducted five points from my paper for each instance of the word "this" or "these" (among other no-longer-legal words in his class).

Anyhow, back to the trade stack...

What card did I get?

This beauty.  A hard-to-find short print from the 2009 Topps Heritage set.

Yes.

I'm still working on 2009 Heritage (and the 2008 & 2011 Heritage sets)...and I vow to not start another Heritage set until I finish at least one of the aforementioned sets.

In addition to the Heritage short print (which was plenty enough for me to be happy to part with a trade stack), Doug sent me a few assorted Reds with my favorite being this Tony Cingrani Making Their Mark insert card from 2013 Topps.

Thanks for the quick and easy trade Doug - and for helping me shrink my want list ever-so-slightly.  As always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments