Featured Post

Good Guessing Leads to Contest Win: Netherlands Edition! (Plus a New Guessing Contest for YOU to Win)

This year, I purchased four boxes of Topps' annual Allen & Ginter's set which was down considerably from the last three years (when a bought a case or more of the set).  Unfortunately for me, I have terrible luck pulling rip cards (I believe the only rip card I've pulled out of Ginter occurred during a case group break that I held a couple of years ago).  Where I don't have terrible luck is guessing that other people will pull a rip card.

Case in point:  A few weeks ago, Jeroen (from The Dutch Card Guy blog) held a contest where he had people guess what lurked inside his rip card.  I figured he must have good luck to get a rip card to start with so I guess he'd get a mini rip card and keep the good luck rolling.  As luck would have it for both Jeroen and myself, that's exactly what occurred.

Flash forward a few days and lo and behold there's a prize envelope in my mailbox from across the ocean.  Jeroen dropped a large batch of Reds cards on me as a prize for my good guessing skills.  Since Jeroen was so gracious in his prize for me, I've decided to "play it forward" and hold my own card guessing contest.

The rules:

Jeroen sent me ~60 different Cincinnati Reds cards.  Out of the cards he sent me, I picked out 18 cards to scan in today's post.  Your goal is to pick which card (out of the 18 scanned) was my favorite.  Since I anticipate there could be ties, I want you to actually guess my Top 5 cards.  Anyone who correctly guesses my favorite card will be eligible to win - and if more than one person correctly guesses my favorite the tie will be broken by whoever correctly guessed the most cards in my top 5.  If there is still a tie, then I'll break the tie by whoever was closest to being correct with all five cards.

The prize?  Exactly what Jeroen sent me (in a way):  A bundle of cards from your favorite team.

How to enter:

Your entry should be left as a comment on this blog entry.  You should list the five cards you think were my five favorites (in order).  Please use the lettering I provided.  At the bottom of your entry, please indicate the team (or teams if you prefer) you'd like me to send you should you win my contest.  Finally, if I don't have your mailing address be sure to send it my way if you end up winning!

Example entry:
1.  card A
2.  card H
3.  card B
4.  card F
5.  card P
Fav. team:  Astros

Deadline to enter:  Friday, September 5 at 8:00 PM EST.  

Your Choices:

Here are the cards to choose from - and don't worry, my ordering of the cards has already been decided (and that post written already to be posted in the near future):

Good luck!

And once again, a special thanks to Jeroen for the great cards!

Comments

  1. Woo-Hoo! Here we go:
    1. E
    2. N
    3. K
    4. O
    5. H
    I wish my entry spelled something cool. Maybe "enkoh" is Dutch for something? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.E
    2.K.
    3.H.
    4.F
    5.A

    Cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:53 PM

    1E
    2H
    3K
    4D
    5C

    Blue Jays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the contest!

    1. card E
    2. card N
    3. card Q
    4. card K
    5. card D

    Cubs

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. E
    2. H
    3. P
    4. N
    5. J

    fav team: Padres (though I'd rather receive Red Sox and/or Pirates right now)

    Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. card E
    2. card N
    3. card K
    4. card P
    5. card D
    Fav. team: Pale Hose

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Card E
    2. Card J
    3. card C
    4. Card G
    5. Card K

    Fav team Pirates

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 H
    2 C
    3 E
    4 K
    5 P

    Blue Jays

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:27 PM

    1.E
    2.D
    3.K
    4.Q
    5.O

    Red Sox

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. O
    2. C
    3. F
    4. K
    5. Q
    Phillies

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I'll Guess:
    E
    K
    B
    H
    Q

    Fav Team: Tigers/ Mets/ Braves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool contest! Let's go with:

    E
    P
    N
    G
    I

    Yanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you like the cards: My guess:

    K
    E
    F
    C
    H

    Yankees !

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. N
    2. I
    3. D
    4. E
    5. P
    Reds

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment