Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Jumbo Case Group Break: Box #2: Pack-by-Pack (Packs 4-7)

The 2015 Topps Series 1 Group Break is moving along nicely.  As of Saturday afternoon, I have busted three of the six boxes (all on video which you can find on my YouTube channel).  I also have already completed the posts with scans for the entire first box and the first third of the second box.


For now, it's time to look at the next few packs from box #2.  

Box 2:
Pack 4:

Pack #4 held seven inserts but it was easy to pick out the best two.  First up, the Gallery of Heroes of Mr. Clayton Kershaw.  As I said in the video when I pulled this card, I have an uncanny knack for pulling cards of Kershaw.  And (spoiler alert), this won't be the only Kershaw that I'll find in the box.

The other card of note was this gold parallel of Jose Abreu.  I think Abreu is probably one of the better cards to get in Series 1 so landing a parallel of a desired card is pretty cool.  I also seem to have a knack for pulling Abreu cards - and I won't complain about that (or Kershaw)!  The card is numbered 0578/2015 on the back side.

Pack 5:

The fifth pack held six inserts but only the Kershaw relic really interested me!  The card isn't serially numbered but it's still a great card!  I have a feeling Night Owl is happy he joined my break this time around!

Pack 6:

We landed our second buyback card of the box with the 1970 Bob Burda card for the Giants.  The pack also held a Bartolo Colon rainbow parallel (not pictured).

Pack 7:

I'm being selfish and showing off this Todd Frazier base card just because I like it.  I also think the real strength of Topps' flagship offering is the base cards so it feels wrong to not include at least one base card per box break post!

Out of the six inserts in this pack, only the gold parallel of Kyle Seager stood out to me.  The Mariners land the card serially numbered 1554/2015.  For me, most of the inserts are forgettable (though I do like the parallels this year)...and I happen to really like the Gallery of Greats insert set (even if it is a rip-off of Gypsy Queen).  

That's it for the middle chunk of box #2.  We still have the final three packs to scan (which, I can tell you, includes one of the best cards I've pulled out of a pack in quite some time)!  More to come - stay tuned!

Comments