Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 358: 1996 Fleer Update - #230

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Fleer Update
Card number:  230

I already wrote about the regular Fleer Larkin card from 1996 already.  The Fleer Update set continues with all of the same elements as the regular edition (matte finished cards, minimal foil, etc.).  The good news is that Fleer did change up the photos used for the Update set - but besides that you could easily mistake this card for its regular set issue if it weren't for the giant ENCORE text on the front of the card.

Barry, along with 34 other stars of the day, was featured in the Encore subset of the 1996 Fleer Update set.  I suppose that was Fleer's way of including guys like Larkin, Ken Griffey Jr., and Cal Ripken Jr. in the set despite the fact that those players didn't change teams during the course of the season.  For my purposes, I appreciate a new Larkin card any day so I guess I'm happy for the Encore subset!

Comments