Featured Post

Blog Bat Around: (Hobby) Things I'm Proud Of!

Torren' Up Cards recently posted a new Blog Bat Around where he asks us to talk about stuff we've done in the hobby that makes us happy.

  • Built an original Allen & Ginter set from 1889.  I'm also within seven cards of having two more original 1800s Allen & Ginter sets completed!  

  • Collected the entire Framed Relic set from 2020 Allen & Ginter  

  • Kept my blog Nachos Grande going since June 17, 2008.  (9,396 posts and counting over the span of 6,690 days).  That's more than a post a day for nearly two decades!

  • My collection was featured in a magazine celebrating Barry Larkin's Hall of Fame induction.  I also expect to be featured in another magazine article coming out in a month or so; more information about that when the magazine releases!

  • Built the complete run of Topps Allen & Ginter base sets from 2007 through 2025, and now I'm working on the 2026 edition.

  • I have organized and run my End-of-Year Blog Awards for the past five years.  I am proud of the community engagement that the awards offer, even if blogging isn't nearly as popular now as it used to be.  

  • Started my own baseball card group break Discord. 

  • I've been an active trader on the blog (and later, on TCDB) for 17 years (!)

  •  Perhaps best of all, I've made countless friends via trading and blogging.  Some of whom I've even met in person, but even for those that I haven't met, I consider a lot of bloggers as friends! 

Comments