Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 431: 2016 Topps - #BB-44 - Berger's Best Insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  2016
Brand:  Topps
Insert set:  Berger's Best
Card number:  BB-44

By now, many people should have received their portion of my recent 2016 Topps Series 1 Jumbo case group break.  I mailed out the last of the packages this past Thursday so those that haven't yet received their loot should very soon!  Now that the packages have all been mailed, I can finally get around to showing off my modest haul from the break (at least for the Reds' team slot).  The best card that I ended up with was this Berger's Best insert card featuring my all-time favorite player.

There's still a thrill to pulling a new card of Barry Larkin from a pack - one that I doubt will ever go away.  However, I don't need to see any more versions of Barry's 1995 Topps card in the future...I think Topps could choose a different year to reprint should the need ever arise again.  Unfortunately for Larkin collectors, Topps has a thing for reprinting cards from MVP years (which means 1995 Topps it is for Larkin).

As for the card itself, the front design is a pure reprint so there isn't much to say about it.  The back, however, is original which is nice.  The write-up is fairly strong, in fact the description manages to tie-in the photography choice of the original card as well as Larkin's MVP numbers.  It's actually really well done (as was most of the Berger's Best set from what I saw as I ripped the case)!

Comments