Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 524: 2000 Pacific Crown Royale - #37

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Pacific Crown Royale
Card number:  37

When I first laid eyes on this card, I figured immediately that it must have been an insert card for some crazy Pacific set.  Who knew that Pacific would issue a full set with base cards all designed like this?!

I happen to like this card a lot - even if it is gaudy beyond belief.  Speaking of beyond belief, there are actually four other versions of this card out there in parallel form:  Red (retail only), Limited (#/144), Premiere Date (#/121, Hobby only), and Platinum Blue (#/75, Hobby only as well).  Unfortunately for me, I don't currently own any of the parallels...but you better believe that they are on the list of cards that I want to acquire someday!

I have to say, whenever I see crazy cards like this it really makes me miss Pacific.  Sure, the company had their issues...and not all their sets were good (in fact, some were God-awful).  But, the one thing you could count on was Pacific was going to push the envelope and try something new with almost every set.  And for that, I applaud them...and I miss them!

Comments