Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 548: 1995 Donruss - #241 - Press Proof Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Donruss
Parallel set:  Press Proof
Card number:  241

The 1995 Donruss Press Proof parallels were the only parallel in the '95 Donruss set (which means I've completed the base set since I already owned Larkin's regular base card).   As you can see from the card back itself, the Press Proof parallels are out of 2,000...though you'll have to believe Donruss since none of them are serially numbered.  Besides the back banner, the only other difference between the Press Proof parallel and the regular base card is the foil "Press Proof" stamping on the front of the card.  Still, I must say that is nice to have a way to tell you have a parallel on your hands by looking at either the front or back of the card.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been sorting cards via card backs and completely missed some sort of parallel version!

As for '95 Donruss, I have the Larkin's base card and parallel which leaves me with only one more card from the set to track down.  It's a Dominators insert card that only showed up in series 2 (Larkin shares the card with Cal Ripken, Jr. and Wil Cordero...kind of an odd pairing I think!

Comments