Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 550: 2002 Fleer Ultra - #9 - Glove Works Relic #/375

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Insert set:  Glove Works relic
Card number:  9  (#161/375)

The 2002 Fleer Ultra Glove Works set contains ten different players with relics (either batting gloves or fielding gloves).  Most of the cards are numbered out of 450 but for some reason Larkin had only 375 made (Andrew and Chipper Jones each only had 100 made, all the others had 450 cards).  There is also a Platinum parallel for every card in the set numbered out of 25 (which I don't currently own Larkin's Platinum card as of the time of this post).

As for the card itself, this is one of the more interesting relic cards that I own for Barry.  I like the die-cut design as well.  The only real downside to the card is the backside, it's quite boring with no statistics or write-up to view.  That said, this is still one of my favorite relics that I own of Barry's...and it makes for a great choice for the 550th card in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection.

Comments

  1. Of all types of relics I would imagine gloves would be the rarest. Bats break all the time and they usually have a bunch made. I wouldn't think players have more than a few gloves and if they work well they probably keep using them a long time. Cool, unusual card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! I feel like we never see non-jersey relics anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment