Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 557: 1996 Pinnacle Zenith - #19

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Pinnacle Zenith
Card number:  19

The 1996 Pinnacle Zenith set never interested me much as a kid.  And, to be honest, it doesn't interest me much now that I'm an adult either.  The front of the card is alright (though the image of Larkin is quite dull).  The back of the card seems to be trying to channel Stadium Club in that it has an "interesting twist" on the usual statistics.  However, the card back is also plagued by a boring photo of Larkin (seriously, is there another card out there with two more boring, yet different, photos)? 

Luckily for me, there is only one parallel of the base card (called Artist's Proof which I need to track down still).  The only other Larkin card in the set is a Mosaics insert card which I featured way back as card #434 in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series.

Comments