Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 563: 1997 Fleer Ultra - #G177 - Gold Medallion Edition parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Parallel set:  Gold Medallion Edition
Card number:  G177

In honor of Thanksgiving, here's something I'm thankful for:  the ability to have hobbies!  Today's featured Barry Larkin card is from the 1997 Fleer Ultra set...a set that is quite nice, though not one that I ever bought much of back when it was released.  That's too bad now because I actually still don't own the regular (base) version of Larkin's card, only this Gold Medallion Edition parallel.  Normally I prefer to show off the base version of a card first so that I can compare what changes were made to the parallel, but when (if?) I do track down the 1997 Fleer Ultra base card of Larkin's, I'll have to do my comparison the other way around.

In addition to the base card which I'm missing, there is a Fielder's Choice insert card which features Larkin that I also need to track down (those were seeded a super rare 1:144 packs and the set is 18 cards deep meaning finding Larkin's card will be tough sledding)!  I'm also missing the Platinum Medallion parallel of Larkin's base card (which is serially numbered out of 200) (those were seeded 1:100 packs but there are 553 different cards in the set all of which got a Platinum Medallion parallel). 

I guess I really ought to be thankful to have even one Barry Larkin card from this set...looking at the above odds, I don't think I'll be tracking down any of the other inserts/parallels any time soon.  And you know what?  That's ok.  I should be thankful for having 563 different Larkin cards as it is...and since I have probably another 100 to go that I need to scan and write about, I've got plenty of new Barry Larkin material for at least another year of blogging!

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Comments