- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
2019 Topps Allen & Ginter: Hobby box #2: Packs 9 - 16 (in which we find a pile of cash and a Red Sox relic)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
We found our first of three promised hits in the previous post for box #2. Since that one was a full-sized relic, our "best" hit should still be yet to come (boxes typically have two full-sized relics plus one other hit that might be a rip card, autograph, framed goodies, etc.).
Box #2:
Packs 9 - 12:
I hate to go too many packs without finding something to scan but honestly, the first four packs were quite dull. I think the neatest card was this one of Justin Bonomo, a professional poker player. What makes the card interesting though is that Bonomo is posing behind a huge stack of cash...but presumably out in the middle of the desert with some mountains behind him. That can't be a typical thing for a poker player to do.
Packs 13 - 15:
Again, not a lot to write about here...box #2 is definitely beginning to look like a dud. I mean, there's nothing inherantly wrong with the black bordered Harmon Killebrew (or the regular back Sister Soieck which is kind of cool in an "only in Ginter" kind of way). Still, neither card is going to probably excite anyone reading this...
Pack 16:
I had to hope that the final pack in this column would hold a hit just as the final pack in the first column had a hit. That proved to be exactly what happened when this Rick Porcello full-sized relic popped out of the pack.
On the bright side, we've found two full-sized relics which should hopefully mean our third and final hit is something cooler. Could this box be saved by a rip card? Will I ever find the Barry Larkin short print base card (or any of the mini variations)? So many questions that I cannot answer yet...but all will be answered in due time as I continue to rip through the boxes and packs.
Box #2:
Packs 9 - 12:
I hate to go too many packs without finding something to scan but honestly, the first four packs were quite dull. I think the neatest card was this one of Justin Bonomo, a professional poker player. What makes the card interesting though is that Bonomo is posing behind a huge stack of cash...but presumably out in the middle of the desert with some mountains behind him. That can't be a typical thing for a poker player to do.
Packs 13 - 15:
Again, not a lot to write about here...box #2 is definitely beginning to look like a dud. I mean, there's nothing inherantly wrong with the black bordered Harmon Killebrew (or the regular back Sister Soieck which is kind of cool in an "only in Ginter" kind of way). Still, neither card is going to probably excite anyone reading this...
Pack 16:
I had to hope that the final pack in this column would hold a hit just as the final pack in the first column had a hit. That proved to be exactly what happened when this Rick Porcello full-sized relic popped out of the pack.
On the bright side, we've found two full-sized relics which should hopefully mean our third and final hit is something cooler. Could this box be saved by a rip card? Will I ever find the Barry Larkin short print base card (or any of the mini variations)? So many questions that I cannot answer yet...but all will be answered in due time as I continue to rip through the boxes and packs.
Comments



The former Catholic School student in me applauds the nun card. Porcello is having a horrible year, but you could do worse than a former Cy Young winner!
ReplyDeleteThat Sobieck first pitch was something else. I wouldn't want to follow that act up.
ReplyDeleteThe Sobieck card excites me, since it was a fantastic first pitch for the White Sox and Marian Catholic is very close to where I grew up.
ReplyDelete