Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 692: 2002 Fleer Genuine - #29

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Fleer Genuine
Card number:  29

I discovered the Fleer Genuine set well after its original release but I have to admit that I like the set quite a bit.  Although you probably can't tell from the scan, the borders have a bit of a shimmer to them and they look quite nice.  The backside of the card suffers from a lack of originality in terms of design but you do get a photo of Larkin looking like he is posing for a AAA card release instead of a MLB photo.

Besides the base card (of which there are no parallels(!)), Larkin also appears in the Names of the Game insert set and Names of the Game Memorabilia set (I already showed off the relic card here).  Therefore, I now own two of the three Barry Larkin cards in the set and I'd have to think it won't be that hard to find the lone insert if I already own the relic version!

Comments