Featured Post

Delivery Time! Adding Another Resolution to my List (thanks Padrographs)

I'm still digging out from the onslaught of mail that's arrived at my house over the couple of weeks.  While I know my blog has been a flurry of trade posts, I firmly believe that everyone who sends me cards (no matter how many or how few) deserves to get a bit of a spotlight shined on their gift on my blog.  Even better for me, with work about to start back up it's actually kind of nice to have a big pile of packages to go through since it gives me "easy" blogging matter (easy in the sense that I don't have to think long and hard about a blog topic for the evening's post)!

Today's envelope is another PWE, this time from Rod over at Padrographs.  Like many traders lately, Rod had a few 2019 A&G cards to help me out which is much appreciated since I'm working diligently to complete the entire A&G set (plus inserts) prior to the end of this year!  I really, really don't want any 2019 stuff lingering on my want list past the end of the year - it's a new goal to go along with all of my earlier New Year's blog resolutions.

Luckily for me, a number of wonderful blog readers and traders are helping me out (plus some eBay purchases).  For his part, Rod ticked off a few cards from a couple of different sets within this year's A&G brand including a base short print of Shane Bieber.

I busted four hobby boxes and a bunch of retail blasters and still walked away missing a whole lot of base cards (regular base and short prints). 

Next up, the other full-sized card in the package which belongs to the kind of cool Baseball Star Signs.

Now, I don't buy any of that Zodiak nonsense but the theme is fun for a card set.  I definitely prefer this set to the Baseball Stars set that's also part of 2019 A&G.

Finally, my two favorite cards of the set:

Those are both from the retail only New to the Zoo insert set, another set that I've been working overtime on completing (because once retail stock dries up so does trading for these)!  I've manged to acquire over half the set thus far but there's still more work to do.

Thanks to Rod for the awesome trade envelope, I always appreciate getting closer and closer to completing sets from my want list.  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and then make an offer!

Comments

  1. The Zoo cards and Yelich are neat. I've never collected A&G but the singles are intriguing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sad that the Giraffe Calf isn't called Baby Giraffe. But it'll still go in my Giants album.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment