Featured Post

COMC - Part VI: The Last of the First Purchase (more Patches!)

A couple of days ago, I showed off a bunch of the "common" 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaur patches that I picked up from Check Out My Cards.  Today, in my final post for this particular purchase (my second COMC purchase just showed up in the mail yesterday), let's look at the rarer Dinosaur patches that I was also able to add to my rapidly growing collection!

As a reminder from my previous post, this is how Upper Deck seeded the patch cards in the 2015 set:

  • Common (seeded 1:32 packs):  30 cards
  • Uncommon (seeded 1:84 packs):  15 cards
  • Rare (seeded 1:179 packs):  10 cards
  • Ultra Rare (seeded 1:578 packs): 5 cards

As of this purchase, I own 28 of the 30 common patches (the final two common patches that I'm missing should be in my other COMC order but more on that at a later date).

There are 15 different Uncommon patches and prior to this COMC purchase I only owned one of them (the Mussaurus).  With the various Black Friday sales happening across COMC, I figured this was as good of time as any to try and do some damage to the Uncommon portion of the checklist so that's exactly what I did!

AOD-3.  Hadrosaurus

Greek for "sturdy lizard", Hadrosaurus was first discovered in New Jersey back in 1858.  According to the card back, a skull for Hadrosaurus as never been found! Nabbing the Hadrosaurus patch means I now own twelve of the first fifteen patches in the set, a nice thing for a set collector to see!

AOD-23.  Corythosaurus

Corythosaurus is one of the (many) dinosaurs I had never heard of prior to collecting the Upper Deck set.  I'm glad I'm learning all sorts of new dinosaurs now though because my toddler (1.5 years old) is really getting hooked on dinosaurs and daddy likes to look smart!

AOD-31.  Allosaurus

My third "uncommon" patch of the purchase is the "poor man's Tyrannosaurus" or at least that's always how I viewed Allosaurus.

AOD-33.  Deinonychus

Believe it or not, Deinonychus makes quite a few appearances in books made for toddlers.  According to the card back, this particular dinosaur had a relatively weak bite as compared to other predators of the time period.

AOD-37.  Troodon

Troodon was one of the last dinosaurs to prosper before the extinction event that knocked out the dinosaurs from Earth. 

Nabbing five different uncommon patches was a nice little haul but I'm not quite done!  I also managed to land two different rare patches (seeded 1:179 packs).  These are my first two patches from that particular rarity level.

AOD-53.  Dimorphodon

I like the colors on this particular patch.

AOD-54.  Pterodactyl

Easily one of the most famous prehistoric creatures, no patch collection would be complete without a Pterodactyl! 

And that finishes off this particular COMC order.  My second COMC order (which I'll show off soon) has a little bit more of the same, plus a whole bunch of other cool stuff that I can't wait to dive into! 

Comments

  1. Solid progress on this patch set. Pterodactyl and allosaurus were the only two dinosaurs I had heard of.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment