Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #15

It's taken us sixteen posts but we've finally reached the top half of MLB teams in 2020 as ranked by me.  The Padres were #16 in my ranking and now the Orioles claim spot #15 - the two most "meh" teams of all this year!

#15:  Baltimore Orioles (2019 rank:  #7)

The Orioles actually tumbled quite a bit in my rankings (down 8 spots) this year.  That's mostly because it sure seems like Baltimore isn't even pretending to care about winning baseball games in 2020.  I don't like when teams purposely crater out to collect high draft picks and I especially don't like it when once reputable teams do so (I mean, I understand the slimy Marlins doing something like that but not the once proud Orioles).

No, if the Orioles keep on not caring then I expect to also care less and less about Baltimore moving forward (and thus there's a good chance the Orioles will slide even further down my rankings next year).  For now though, Baltimore sits firmly at spot #15...a rank that probably won't be all that much lower than the total number of wins the Orioles have at the All-Star break this year!

Next up, a team who's home stadium is on my bucket list of stadiums to get to before I die.  Heck, this team plays in one of the few states that I haven't yet been to.  I could kill a couple of birds with one stone if I ever make it to see a game there.

2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  Washington Nationals
#25:  Miami Marlins
#24:  Chicago Cubs
#23:  Milwaukee Brewers
#22:  Houston Astros
#21:  Pittsburgh Pirates
#20:  Atlanta Braves
#19:  Los Angeles Angels
#18:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#17:  Texas Rangers
#16:  San Diego Padres
#15:  Baltimore Orioles
#14:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
18  John Sharp
18  P-Town Tom
12  bbcardz
11 hockey kazi
20  Brett Alan
13  Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
17  Matt
2 Trevor P.
1 friend11
1 Adam Kaningher

Comments

  1. The O's are pretty bad and didn't they let Villar, arguably their best player, walk after last season? Ugh.
    How about Pittsburgh next?

    ReplyDelete

  2. It's tough to recall a single player not named Chris Davis or Chance Sisco.

    Oh, as I type this I think I remember that former Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias is now an Oriole.

    Maybe the Mariners are next?

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been to Seattle once in my life (but never to a Mariners game unfortunately).

      Delete
  3. The O's are another team I never had strong feelings for, despite the array of great players they had when I was first getting interested in baseball (led by Brooks and Frank Robinson and Jim Palmer, although Frank left them when I was still pretty young). I really should get to Camden Yards at some point.

    I'll guess the D-backs, not for the first time, because that's a pretty out-of-the-way state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad for Orioles fans, especially the older diehard fans who are trying to encourage their kids to be Orioles fans. They do have a great ballpark but the product on the field has not been so great.

    I'm thinking we'll see the Pirates up next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the MASN sports market, which means I'll get to watch a lot of the O's and the defending champs the Nats - talk about opposite ends of the spectrum! I'll say Seattle is up next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an interesting summer...one team winning most nights and one team losing most nights. I'm guessing sports talk radio will be Nats dominated for the foreseeable future.

      Delete

Post a Comment