Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #23

We've arrived at #23 in my rankings of the 2020 MLB teams.  In what be a bit of a surprise, we find our third of the four non-Reds teams in the NL Central showing up in the countdown.

#23:  Milwaukee Brewers  (2019 rank:  #22)

The Brewers rank this low for basically one reason:  they've been a lot better than the Reds lately and I don't care for that.

Being honest, if the Reds can finish ahead of Milwaukee in 2020 then I could see the Brewers climbing up the rankings a bit in 2021.  I think I've mentioned this on the blog before but out of all the baseball games I've ever attended in person one of my favorites was a Reds vs. Brewers game in Milwaukee.

I loved the vibe of the stadium - both before the game with all of the tailgating (almost like a football game) and then once we got into the stadium.  The game itself was a back and forth affair which was exciting for everyone involved.  Even though the Reds would end up losing the game, it was still a lot of fun to catch a game in Milwaukee (and for that reason, I don't actually hate the Brewers but I also can't put them any higher than #23 this year since they've basically been a thorn in the Reds' side ever since I saw that game there)!

Next time, we finally get to a team that many people have guessed previously.  I'll probably have to justify my final placement of this team so I'll be sure to do my best to do so.  Frankly, I'm not even sure if I know exactly why they ended up where they did but that will make more sense once the next post goes up!


2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  Washington Nationals
#25:  Miami Marlins
#24:  Chicago Cubs
#23:  Milwaukee Brewers
#22:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
7  John Sharp
6  P-Town Tom
6  bbcardz
4  hockey kazi
9  Brett Alan
5  Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
7  Matt
1 Trevor P.
1 friend11
1 Adam Kaningher

Comments

  1. I think the Brewers' part is my 2nd favorite. You're right about the vibe of the stadium. Very positive.
    I think the best thing I liked though was that you could tailgate in the parking lot before the game. You can't do that at many baseball venues!
    Honestly, I'm a little bummed the Brewers are ranked higher than the Cubs. They've beaten the Cubs out in the NL Central the last two years. Maybe the Cubs will slide ahead of the Brew Crew your rankings next year after the Brewers do it for a 3rd straight season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brewers remain slightly ahead of the Cubs mostly because it still feels to me that the Cubs are the larger thorn in the side of the Reds. Also, I have to be honest, I didn't much care for Maddon's shtick as manager. With him gone (and maybe the Cubs finishing behind the Reds this year?!) I think Chicago could move up in next year's rankings!

      Delete
  2. Lets try Arizona again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda soured on the Brewers because of Braun winning the 2010 MVP over Matt Kemp while lying about taking steroids.
    When Christian Yelich got traded to the Brewers, it helped a little, because I watched him play Double-A Baseball in JAX.

    I'd like to get to a game in Milwaukee at some point, because it sounds like a good place to watch a ballgame.

    I'm thinking the Pirates might be up next.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you had a terrific time an Milwaukee's stadium. Did you wear any Reds attire at the game? I'm thinking Houston will be next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brewers are another team I have mixed feelings about. I have positive associations with the Yount-Molitor era; I liked those guys and that team was fun to watch. The unis come into it, too--really liked that era with the ball-and-glove uni, but mostly haven't liked their more recent sets. Happy that they're going to a version of the ball-and-glove unis again. As a teetotaler I'm not wild about their close association with beer.

    I'll also guess it's the Astros next. Kind of appropriate if it's the two league-switchers back to back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Brewers, especially Yelich, but they always seem to fall into that good not great category. Your clue makes me think the Astros are up next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of correct guesses this time around. Brett, in particular, is becoming quite good at reading my clues and making good guesses (already up to 11 points and the first to double-digits). Still, all it takes is at least one entry to have a chance at the end of the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it weren't for Yelich and Hiura, I probably wouldn't check the Brewers box scores that often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment