Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #24

The Marlins may have snuck in at #25 in my ranking of MLB teams but now we are back to the usual suspects down near the bottom of the list: the Chicago Cubs.

#24:  Chicago Cubs  (2019 rank:  #25)

I guess technically this is good news for the Cubs since they actually inched up a spot from last year.  That's probably because I don't view Chicago as the same sort of threat to the Reds that they've been for the past several years.  Heck, I can't even say for sure that I understand what it is the Cubs are trying to do for 2020 - one minute they are talking about trying to save money and then the next minute they are considering taking on a salary like that of Nolan Arenado.

It's kind of mind boggling, not as bad as whatever it is that Boston is trying to do this year but still, mind boggling to me!

Will this be the year that the Reds finally finish back ahead of Chicago so that a bit of normalcy can be restored to baseball?  I'm certainly more optimistic about that possibility than I have been in recent memory, for whatever that's worth.  That said, for as long as Chicago keeps beating out the Reds in the standings you can expect to see Chicago in my bottom third of MLB teams!

I did get the chance to see a Reds game at Wrigley Field a few years ago and it was one of the coldest days of my life watching baseball.  I can't say that I appreciated much about that day (I don't even remember if the Reds won that game to be honest).  What I do know is that while Wrigley does have some "old school" charm it could certainly do without the trough urinals.

Next up?  Speaking of opportunities to see a game live, the next team in the rankings was the home team for one of the most fun baseball games that I've ever been to (this was mentioned in the previous post as a bonus hint).  To narrow you guesses down a bit, I'll add that I've only ever been to this particular team's home games once.  In fact, I am fairly certain that I've only ever seen this team play in person that one time.

2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  Washington Nationals
#25:  Miami Marlins
#24:  Chicago Cubs
#23:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
6  John Sharp
5  P-Town Tom
4  bbcardz
4  hockey kazi
8  Brett Alan
5  Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
6  Matt
1 Trevor P.
1 friend11
1 Adam Kaningher

Comments

  1. "Heck, I can't even say for sure that I understand what it is the Cubs are trying to do for 2020." Yeah, I follow the team like it's my job and I have no idea either. All I know is it's frustrating as a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching the Cubs since the early 70s, when my afternoons were made because I could watch the Cubbies play baseball.

    Can't say it much anything because of all the cable TV rights/changes.

    I'll always stop what I'm doing for a Rizzo at bat when they do make it on my TV.

    Good job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, hard for me to fathom having such a bad experience at Wrigley. Well, the one time I sat in the bleachers, I didn't like it much--the bleachers, at least when I went, were for people who were there to drink, not to watch the game. When I was in college Wrigley was a quick El ride away, so I'd go whenever the Mets were in town and catch a few other games in the course of the season as well. Always had a good time when I didn't sit in the bleachers, urinals notwithstanding. Certainly gives me a more positive view of a team that's otherwise a Mets rival.

    Since a big part of your bad experience with Wrigley was the weather, I'll go with the Padres--certainly unlikely to have a cold game in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never really hate the Cubs. Baby bears are rather cute and the Cubs fanbase has a reputation for sticking with them through thick and thin--I admire that. And I can't say that the Dodgers and Cubs have an intense rivalry even though both franchises have existed for over 100 years.

    I think we'll see Milwaukee next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the Cubs finally broke that World Series drought, I was certain they had enough young talent and would be a postseason force for years to come. Shows what I know, which is why I'm throwing a dart and picking the Tigers for next on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to bbcardz for correctly guessing Milwaukee for spot #23 in my countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Cubs were in my Top 5 or 6 up until 2016. I don't dislike them, but now that their current fans have watched them win... I don't feel the need to root for them as much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment