Featured Post

My First Completed Set in 2020 thanks to The Collective Mind!

I've been busy writing my series of 30 posts for my 30 MLB team countdown for 2020 but that doesn't mean that I've stopped trading.  In fact, a couple of weeks ago I completed a nice PWE trade with Greg over at The Collective Mind.

Greg had sent me an email saying he found some cards for me at a card show (I think that's what he said anyhow) and that he'd be sending them my way.  Luckily for me, I had a few cards that Greg could use as well and so we hooked up for a nice little PWE swap.

For me, Greg sent the final four cards that I needed for the 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter Horse in the Race mini set.

Even better, this means that I've now collected everything I plan to chase from the 2017 A&G set and so not only is the Horse mini set off of my want list, the entire A&G set from 2017 is now off my want list!  As a set collector, that's an amazing feeling!

Even better, that completed set means my want list is now sitting at 98 different sets...a far cry from this time last year and now I'm beginning to make progress on one of my 2020 blog resolutions which is to get my want list whittled down to 90 (or fewer) sets by the end of the year.

Thanks a lot for the great PWE, Greg!  I hope by now you've received the cards I sent you - and I think I was able to finish off one of your sets as well if memory serves!

As for my 2017 A& set, I have now completed:
  • Base set 1-350
  • What a Day
  • Revolutionary Battles
  • World's Fair
  • Sport Fish & Fishing Lures
  • Bust a Move
  • Constellations
  • Horse in the Race
  • Magicians & Illusionists
  • Required Reading
  • World's Dudes
Not bad at all, if you ask me!

By the way, I'm always up for trading so be sure to check out my want list make an offer if you have anything that can help me inch closer to completing any of the other 98 sets on my want list.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Always neat to see a master set completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Just curious... do you store your Ginter sets in binders? If so... that must be truly an amazing sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pretty much all my sets are stored in binders!

      Delete
  3. From everything I've seen, I think it's safe to say that Greg is a bona fide set killer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment