Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 763: 2004 Topps - #636

Barry Larkin
Year:
  2004
Brand:  Topps
Card number:  636


Sometimes featuring a simple "flagship" Barry Larkin card is a fun thing to write about!  The 2004 set is quite nice for a set that I generally don't hear (or read) much about.  For me, my favorite element of the card design is the little player silhoette at the bottom of the card which mimics the action on the card.  It's a small touch, but I like it and it adds a bit of character to an otherwise plain card design.

For Barry, besides the base card shown above, he is also featured on atrio of parallels (gold #/2004 which I own, as well as a black #/53 parallel and a First Edition parallel both of which I don't own) as well as a single insert set (Hit Parade which was also found in Series 2 packs).  In other words, if you are a Barry Larkin collector you can safely ignore all of Series 1 of the 2004 Topps set!


Comments