Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 775: 1987 Broder Indiana Blue Sox - #22

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1987
Brand:  Broder Indiana Blue Sox
Card number:  22 


It took me a long time to even learn of this particular set's existence.  My first card from this particular set was featured back in 2017...and since then I still know virtually nothing about the set overall.  For what it's worth, I am aware of four different 1987 Broder cards that feature Barry Larkin.  Besides the one I wrote about a few years ago and the one you see above, there is also a New Reds Machine card #7 out there and a Broder - The Press Box Collectors Choice of the 1980s card #25 out there.  I don't own either of the last two cards (yet) but hopefully someday I'll have those to show off as well...and who knows, maybe by that point in time I'll actually have some useful information about this set overall!  

Before I go though, I should mention that this is actually a really nice card for an unlicensed issue (at least the front of the card is nice)!  That's a great photograph of a very young Barry Larkin.  It's certainly nice enough that I'll continue to keep my eye out for the other two versions that I'm still missing for my collection.

Comments

  1. I can't help you with any information about this set... but I do feel like I've seen these Indiana Blue Sox cards pop up in dime boxes on this side of the country before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always amazed at your Larkin collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment