Featured Post

Just For Fun: 2014 Topps Stadium Club Best Card Competition - The Final Six Will Become the Final Three!

Thanks to our last group of votes, we are down to our top 6 cards in the 2014 Topps Stadium Club set. As a bit of recap, the votes that came last time around weren't exactly conclusive in many of the contests.  Moving on to the next round is Johnny Bench (over a lovely Jackie Robinson card), Mike Trout (taking down the cattle rancher Nolan Ryan), and Jose Altuve (over my choice - Jayson Werth).  It was interesting that I thought Werth was the one "sure thing" pick of mine and that's the choice that ended up getting overruled by the voting public!

 We've got six cards remaining in the running for best overall card in 2014 Stadium Club...and now we are about to whittle that list down to our final three!  As usual, I'll pair the lowest and highest remaining card numbers to keep things as randomized as possible.

#3 Babe Ruth vs. #113 Johnny Bench 


In a battle of retired baseball legends, we've got one of the greatest outfielders colliding with one of baseball's greatest catchers.  Both of these photos show superstars interacting with their fans, but again I have to take the much more natural looking (i.e. non-posed) shot of Johnny Bench over the Babe Ruth.  Don't get me wrong, both of these cards are amazing but that's the name of this game...only one card gets to move on out of each pairing!

#13 Stan Musial vs. #90 Jose Altuve 


I personally voted against the Altuve card in the previous round but in a neat twist I'm going to be voting for the Altuve here.  I like the Musial card and I won't be mad if the readers vote it in instead, but since I have to pick first I'm casting my ballot for Altuve.

#24 Anthony Rizzo vs. #50 Mike Trout 


No matter what, we will end up with at least one legend in our final three and at least one current player.  I'll take that!  As for this particular pairing, I've made it clear that I enjoy cards showing players interacting with fans.  That being said, the Mike Trout card showcases such amazing exuberance that it's hard to not love it!  This was a tough choice for me...so much so that I've waivered multiple times in terms of which card to pick but in the end I'm going with Mike Trout squeaking by Rizzo.

So there you have it, my Top 3 cards are Johnny Bench, Jose Altuve, and Mike Trout.  Of course, my picks are final - all of you get to cast a ballot as well down in the comment section.  Once we tally everything up, we'll see who moves on to our collective final three - should be a fun last vote!!

Comments

  1. Ruth, Musial, and Trout. However if I were to rank these six cards... I would have put the Bench and Altuve over Trout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Babe Ruth
    - Stan Musial
    - Mike Trout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, Altuve, Rizzo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, Altuve, Rizzo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, Altuve, Trout. I'm not as big a fan of the signing-autos cards as you are, but there's not a bad card in the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, Musial, Rizzo.

    I don't think I got my vote in last round, but I agree that Werth was better, and I think I would have voted Werth over Musial this time around, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going with Bench, Musial, and Rizzo here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Voting closed. The final round of voting will be posted next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment