Featured Post

Five More Relics for my 2020 Allen & Ginter Framed Set Build!

I've continued to scour eBay for more cheap(ish) relics that I need for my 2020 Allen & Ginter set build.  Over the past week or so, five different relics (all from individual sellers) arrived at my house.  It's kind of fun to make such good progress all in one go - even if I did have to wait a few days for the mail to catch up with all my purchases.

You aren't here to hear more about the USPS woes though, you came for cards!  Without further delay:  


I had joined in a few different 2020 Allen & Ginter group breaks nabbing the Reds with the hopes of landing at least one of the four different Reds' relics that I still needed from the relic set.  Unfortunately, I struck out in all of those group breaks so I had to resort to eBay.  Aquino's prices were quite high there for a little bit but I guess most collectors have now learned what most big league pitchers have known for awhile...Aquino can't hit much of anything other than a straight fastball.  Still, it's nice to see the Reds represented in the relic set, something that hasn't necessarily been overly true in years past!

Besides Aquino, I also was able to grab the Alvarez rookie.  Now it's just that one rookie guy from the White Sox that I'm missing...but with the way Robert's prices still are, I'm not sure I'll be getting that card anytime soon.

Now, how can I go about landing that Willie Mays relic I wonder?

Here's what I am still looking for out of the set.  I don't think you'll see that many more "5 relic" posts in the future...most of the remaining relics are going to be much more costly to acquire I fear!

2020 Allen & Ginter Framed Relics Wants:  
MFR-AJ Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
MFR-BL Barry Larkin - Cincinnati Reds
MFR-FT Fernando Tatis Jr. - San Diego Padres
MFR-GB George Brett - Kansas City Royals
MFR-HA Hank Aaron - Milwaukee Braves
MFR-JBE Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
MFR-LR Luis Robert - Chicago White Sox
MFR-MT Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-PA Pete Alonso - New York Mets
MFR-RA Ronald Acuña Jr. - Atlanta Braves
MFR-RC Roger Clemens - New York Yankees
MFR-RJ Reggie Jackson - New York Yankees
MFR-RJO Randy Johnson - Arizona Diamondbacks
MFR-SO Shohei Ohtani - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-TW Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox
MFR-WM Willie Mays - San Francisco Giants

Comments

  1. Congratulations on taking 5 steps closer to completing this awesome set. Are there any singles in this set that you've discovered to be short printed? Is there any that you've never seen listed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of Yankees striped relics before, but can't say that I've ever seen a Reds stripe before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment