on
TCDB
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Happy New Year, everybody!
I don't think I'm alone in the fact that I'm super happy to leave 2020 behind in the dust. This year was full of trials and tribulations for almost everybody. For my family, my mom ended up getting covid in early fall which meant I had a number of days where I had to bring my two-year-old son to work with me while I taught Calculus III (not many toddlers sit through multiple Calculus III lessons I'm guessing). Happily, my mom recovered and she's back to babysitting my son during my work days! In addition to my mom, my brother and his entire family (wife and two kids) also ended up contracting covid, though they caught the virus in early spring (they are all okay now as well).
Luckily (and knock on wood just to be safe), my wife, myself, and my son have managed to stay covid-free thus far. I wasn't sure if that'd be the case for me since I had to teach (in person) all semester long but my college students did a remarkably good job of maintaining safety protocols.
Side note: How is "covid" not yet a word that Blogger recognizes being spelled correctly?!
The other bummer for my family in 2020 was that we had booked a cruise that was to happen during my spring break from work. Unfortunately, that ended up being the week that the country really went into lockdown mode. The worst part wasn't missing the cruise but rather it was the fact that Carnival refused to refund us our money...so if there's one thing that I'm taking out of 2020 and applying moving forward it's that I'll never book another cruise with Carnival for the rest of my life.
With 2020 in the books, it's time to look ahead to brighter days in 2021. I'm hoping to get a 2020 New Year's Resolution wrap-up post written soon...and then I'll need to figure out some 2021 Resolutions as well! For now though, I hope everyone has a Happy 2021 - stay safe and stay healthy my friends!
You (and your son) are awesome for plowing ahead with those calc classes. Glad to hear your mom is better and you're all covid-free now. I'll remember never to book a cruise with Carnival though. F--- them, and F--- 2020!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Chris!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year. ... Geez, sounds like you're one of the people really happy to see 2020 leave. Sounds like a tough go.
ReplyDeleteCarnival refused to refund your money? That totally blows. Did they at least credit you for a future trip? Anyways... glad your mom and brother's family are healthy. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteNo money back, no credit. Nothing. I'll never do business with them again.
DeleteI've never gone to court and I'm not an expert... but that sounds like some kind of lawsuit in the making.
Deleteglad everyone is doing better, tough times for your family. better times ahead...we all hope!
ReplyDeleteHopefully some of that math rubs off on your son.
ReplyDelete