Featured Post

Two More 2020 Allen & Ginter Relic Acquisitions! (i.e. Two More Legends Nabbed!)

A couple of days ago, I showed off my best acquisition for my 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter set build to date - none other than a Willie Mays relic card.  

Today, I have two more recent relic acquisitions to show off:


Today's first addition to my set collection efforts might not be quite as impressive, but it did happen to be one of my "must haves" of the set (for reasons that are probably quite clear seeing as how I'm a Reds fan)!

That's Johnny Bench and it's another great looking relic card.  I was able to nab this one off of eBay for under $20...and I'd gladly trade the price of a blaster for a relic of this caliber that I still need for my set!

My second relic that I was able to acquire recently is this Reggie Jackson.


Unlike the Bench, I don't have any particular feelings or attachment to Reggie BUT it is one of the last few relics that I needed for my set and that's reason enough for me to celebrate!

With those two relics now in my possession (and a third relic on the way), here's all that I still am looking for from the 2020 Allen & Ginter relic set.

2020 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
MFR-AJ Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
MFR-GB George Brett - Kansas City Royals
MFR-HA Hank Aaron - Milwaukee Braves
MFR-LR Luis Robert - Chicago White Sox
MFR-MT Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-RA Ronald Acuña Jr. - Atlanta Braves
MFR-RC Roger Clemens - New York Yankees
MFR-TW Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

The Judge, Brett, Robert, Trout, Acuna, and Clemens should all be fairly easy to acquire...the trick is finding one either available for trade (preferred) or at a reasonable price on eBay.  I've missed out on a few auctions for most of those cards already...so hopefully my patience will pay off.  The Ted Williams and the Hank Aaron are going to be the two toughest remaining cards to find - not just purchase, but simply to find available in the wild.  Still, if I can get to 68/70 total relics I'll be satisfied!!

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting closer to the end. With the reflection on the helmet logo, that Reggie Jackson almost looks like a Panini relic. Is that just a scanner issue or does it look that way in hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it looks in hand, I thought the same thing.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how fast you've been able to acquire these. At the pace you've been going, one would think that it may be finished by years end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment