Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 804: 1988 Topps Stickers - #140 - Variation 1

Barry Larkin
Year:  1988
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Card number:  140  (variation 01)


I've been scouring TCDB trying to track down all of the sticker combination variations for the late 1980s Topps Stickers sets that feature Barry Larkin.  The 1988 Topps Sticker set isn't as bad as some (like the 1989 set which features over 10 different combinations to find) - to the best of my knowledge there are only four different sticker combinations that include Barry - one I've already shown off and now I'm back with another!

This particular variation features Barry Larkin along with Ivan Caldera on the front side (the "sticker side") while Bruce Hurst is on the back (the "card side").  I don't have much else to add about this set from what I've already said in my earlier post but it's probably worth repeating that I hate the fact that there are no player names on the stickers themselves.  Also, that yellow border wasn't terribly cool with the 1991 Fleer set...it's certainly not cool in sticker form here!

Comments