Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 839: 1989 Bowman - #311 - Tiffany

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Bowman
Card number:  311
Parallel set:  Tiffany


The 1989 Bowman Tiffany set is a parallel of the regular Bowman set except glossy.  (woo?)  Back in '89, the Bowman Tiffany set was actually considered to be a more premium/high-end set - especially since only 6000 copies of the set were produced (and you could only get the set via hobby dealers).  

Other than the glossy front, the other main difference between this card and Larkin's "regular" Bowman card is the brighter card stock on the back.  For my money, it's easier to spot Tiffany cards in a stack of Bowman by looking at the card backs - the bright cardboard pops way more than any glossy front ever could!

Other than that, I don't have much else to say about this card.  I'll never be fully onboard with the 1989 Bowman set mostly because of it's obnoxious oversized card dimensions - the slightly-larger-than-usual cards are much, much easier to get dinged up and they barely fit into a standard 9-pocket page.  That all being said, the overall look/design of this set has actually grown on me - it's kind of classic and while I still don't plan to ever collect the set I do like it a lot more than I did back in 2013 when I wrote about Larkin's regular 1989 Bowman base card!  

Comments