Featured Post

Itty Bitty Cards and Die-Cut Cards. Good Stuff Either Way!

I'm back with some more highlights from my latest Barry Larkin bulk purchase.  I've split today's highlights up into a couple of different categories beginning with "tiny cards."


In this selection, I landed two 1992 Topps Micro cards to go along with three Red Foley Stickers and a Baseball's Best Hit Men sticker.  I will admit, I don't get the appeal of the Topps Micro set - unless they come in a box of Cracker Jacks (which Topps did do at one point in time).  Even worse, I ended up making a trade for the same two Topps Micro cards...whoops!  As for the stickers, TCDB counts them as "cards" so I've decided I would too...hence me tracking some of them down in this particular purchase!

For my second category, I've grouped together some of the "die-cuts" that I purchased.  These are much more exciting (to me, at least) so they get individual scans!

First up, this 1996 SPx Gold card of Barry.  


I love the SPx design for '96 and I also love that there is only one parallel for this set (the above Gold card).  That's not too bad for a set collector...unlike what's next:


Here we have another SPx card, this time from 1997.  This particular parallel is the Bronze parallel and it's one of six different versions of the card in the 1997 set (the others being the regular base card plus Gold, Grand Finale, Silver, and Steel parallels).  I'm now happy to report that I actually own all but the Gold and Grande Finale parallels (the two rarest, of course).

Finally, we end with the coolest card of the whole bunch today:
That's a 1997 Stadium Club "Patent Leather - Member's Only" insert of Barry Larkin.  I love the die-cut webbing of the glove (and, perhaps even better, the card feels like leather which is super cool).  I miss when card companies took risks and put out cool and interesting inserts (worth noting here that this was actually a retail-only insert set no less)!  

That does it for this round of cards from the purchase - mostly because it takes me forever to get each batch of cards fully categorized, scanned, and put away!  I'm probably nearing the halfway mark of the purchase so that's good!

Comments