Featured Post

Reader Michael P. Drops a Super Surprise on Me!

I've been busier than ever with baseball card trading but it's been almost 100% through TCDB trades.  However, that doesn't mean I won't do "regular" blog trades - or even better, I'm certainly not above accepting a "surprise mailing" from a blog reader!

Case in point - blog reader Michael P. sent me an email saying he had something that he thought I'd like...and boy was he right!


That's a 2000 Pacific card of Barry Larkin - but not just any card.  First, it's the portrait variation of Larkin's base card (he has two different base card versions in the 2000 Pacific set).  Second, it's a rare Emerald parallel numbered out of 99.  The 2000 Pacific set is one of my favorite Pacific sets (and, of course, Larkin is my favorite player) so this card is extra nice for my collection!

I should note here that you can't tell from the scan but that the Pacific logo and the player name plate are both in shiny green foil - the card looks sharp!  I am finding that I love green foil parallels more and more and I can't help but wonder why that particular color isn't used more often (maybe because it doesn't scan so well)? 

That's my first Larkin parallel from the 2000 Pacific set and it feels great to knock one more card off of my want list.  For the record, here are all of the Larkin parallels from that particular set (at least, all of the Larkins with at least 25 copies produced as that's all I pay attention to these days).



The "Yes's" in the first column denote the cards that I currently own.  As you can see, I have the two regular base cards and that was it...until Michael dropped that lovely Emerald Green parallel on me!

Many, many thanks to Michael!  

Comments

  1. Very nice!

    I'm trying to think whether I've ever seen a parallel which actually used the word "parallel" before. Can't think of any.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment