Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 868: 1992 Stadium Club - #100 (Variation F)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Stadium Club
Card number:  100
Variation:  "F"


I recently learned that the 1992 Stadium Club base set comes in two "distinct" versions - an "E" version and an "F" version.  I say "distinct" in quotations because the only real difference between the two sets is a small "E" or "F" on the copyright line on the back of the card.  That's right...either an E or an F and you've got yourself two different cards.  Isn't being a player collector grand?!

...the worst part about learning about the two variations is that I had to go back and reorder all of my 1992 Larkin cards in my binder (I keep them stored alphabetically by set) AND I had to go back and change my original write-up for this card since that version was actually the "E" version.  The one bit of good news is that thanks to my fairly large pile of extra Barry Larkin cards, I had both versions in my possession.  A small victory, but a victory nonetheless!

Comments

  1. What was the reason for this foolishness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know for sure, I assume it's some sort of marker for the specific printing sheet? Maybe each card was on two different sheets? That's my best guess but I'm probably wrong!

      Delete
  2. This is one of those situations where I'd be happy flipping through my dupes and discovering both variations. But if I didn't... I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment