Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #22

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#22:  Atlanta Braves (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #24, 20)


The Braves are the last of the teams that I truly dislike this year - in total that means 8 out of 30 MLB teams I have an immediate rooting interest against no matter which of the other 22 clubs those teams are playing.  

Truthfully, the modern day Braves don't bother me a ton but they did manage to shut out my Reds in Cincinnati's last playoff appearance which sucked for me.  Couple that with the oversaturation of the Braves back when their games were televised nationally on TBS (along with the very generous strike zone their pitchers all seemed to enjoy) and you've got yourself the #22 team on my list...and one that I don't see moving out of the bottom 10 or so anytime soon!

The Braves have also had a number of players over the years that I've had a difficult time liking (including Chipper Jones which is today's featured card and will be included in the contest prize)!  I definitely respected guys like Maddux and Glavine but I kind of hated them back when they were playing - they always seemed to dominate my Reds (and remember, just about the only time I could watch my Reds play was when they were facing Atlanta on national tv).  

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  Atlanta Braves
#21:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 12
John Sharp 11
hiflew 9
Fuji 10
Crocodile 9
bbcardz 8
Matt 9
The Lost Collector 6
Night Owl 5
Wilson 3
madding 1
Nick Vossbrink 2
Jafronius 1
Wrigley Wax 1

We are now nearing the middle portion of my MLB team rankings where there's a lot of apathy from me!  The next team is probably the team that I'm the most apathetic about - I know next to nothing about the actual team these days which is in part due to the fact that no one ever seems to request this particular team in baseball card trades lately.  Kind of a poor clue, but that's also sort of fitting for how I view the team on the list!

Comments

  1. Hmm, tough choice. I want to say Pirates, but they're in the same division as the Reds, you'd think you'd know a few players. ... I'll go with the Rockies.

    I've hated the Braves since '82. Curse that TBS, they've created a number of perplexing fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved watching Braves baseball on TBS. Pretty much the reason I became a Maddux fan. As for a team that nobody requests, I'm kind of stumped. The Marlins are the first team that popped into my head, but they've already appeared on this list. I know Play at the Plate collected Rangers, but he hasn't blogged in awhile, so I'll go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But we can all agree on one thing: John Rocker is a doofus.

    The description of the team you don't know anything about to me sounds like the Texas Rangers. Don't ask me who's playing for them either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale Murphy belongs in the HOF, my favorite ATL Braves player, Aaron, for MILWAUKEE.

    I'll say the Diamondbacks are next.

    Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is the Royals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shot in the dark here....Texas Rangers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growing up, the Braves were in the Dodgers division so the Braves never really got popular in SoCal--and they're still not. I'll go with the Rangers for #21.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to watch TBS Braves games to watch the Expos. They were on TSN every so often but the Jays were on more.

    I'm going to say the Rays are next. Seems to be one of the teams the group I'm in is always looking for a collector to fill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's go with the Diamondbacks. They seem to not be a very well-collected team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going with the Royals. No beef with the Braves for me, just bummed they couldn't keep Freeman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Complete guess here depending on whether or not you are as sick of hearing of Ohtani and Trout as I am, but I will go with the Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fuji, Brett Alan, Crocodile, and bbcardz all got this one right!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment