Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 890: 1991 Kenner Starting Lineup (black ink variation)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Kenner Starting Lineup
Card number:  (no card number)


The 1991 Kenner Starting Lineup cards come in two versions - a blue ink back and a black ink back.  I've written about the blue ink back already (see here) and now I'm back with the black ink version!  From what I can tell, the black ink card back version of the 1991 Kenner Starting Lineup set was issued as a 30 card sheet that you had to cut apart.  I have no idea how one could acquire such a sheet but I have to imagine that the black ink back cards are a bit rarer than the blue ink backs (those you could find packaged with the plastic figurines that Starting Lineup was known for).  No matter, I can simply be happy that I now own both versions of Barry's 1991 Starting Lineup card!

Even better, I'm now down to needing only 7 more Barry Larkin cards from 1991 as a whole (based on my personal checklist which I try to match up with TCDB).  Here's what I still need as of the time of this post:

Barry Larkin 1991 Wants:
1991 34 Cadaco Ellis Discs
1991 College Classic
1991 5 Donruss Super DK's
1991 Kenner Starting Lineup Special Edition Collector's Coin
1991 More Little Big Leaguers
1991 129 Starshots Buttons
1991 730 Topps Desert Shield


Comments

  1. Was curious about this uncut sheet, so I looked up figures on eBay and discovered that Kenner offered uncut sheets to collectors who sent in 4 proof-of-purchases. If you'd like to see the offer yourself, just look up a sealed 1991 Kenner baseball figure on eBay that includes a photo of the back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment