Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 902: 1992 Upper Deck All-Star FanFest - #30 - Gold Hologram

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Upper Deck FanFest
Parallel set:  Gold Hologram
Card number:  30


The 1992 Upper Deck FanFest set was a 54-card set released to celebrate the 1992 All-Star game held in San Diego that year.  Most of the FanFest cards you'll see from 1992 are silver in nature but 1 set in every case of 60 sets has a gold hologram (and writing) instead.  I've written about the regular silver hologram set already - so go here for that.  The gold hologram is basically the same thing (except much rarer)!  

Personally, I'd call this another pointless parallel though at least there is some gold on the front of the card to go along with the hologram color (unlike the 1992 Upper Deck factory set parallels which are simply stupid in my humble opinion)!

Comments

  1. I actually think the idea behind this was pretty cool. 1 out of 60 makes these an interesting chase... but not so out of reach for player collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I didn't know that about the gold variations. I should really pick up one of these sets for myself-- the standard silver version would do-- seeing as I attended the '92 FanFest as a kid. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment