Featured Post

TCDB: Can I Ever Get Rid of 18,384 cards?!

Resolution Check-In #3 for 2022: Better Late than Never

Historically, I try to do a resolution check-in every couple of months on the blog but for whatever reason in 2022 I failed at that.  Here we are at the end of July (month seven of the year) and I'm only now getting around to doing a third check-in (my last resolution check-in was way back in mid-May)!

With the preamble out of the way, let's see how I'm making out this year and decide whether I've been spending all the time I saved by not doing earlier check-ins on my actual 2022 resolutions...

1.  Barry Larkin Collection

The goal for 2022 was to get to a total of 905 different Barry Larkin cards scanned, posted, and written about.  As of today, I've done 903 different Barry Larkin posts so I'm quite confident that I'll complete these particular goal before 2022 is over!

2.  Trading

My hope for trading was to complete 100 different trades this year.  By mid-May, I was at 39 trades and now I'm up to 52 trades.  Obviously, I'm a little bit behind schedule but hopefully the release of 2022 Allen & Ginter will spur some more trading on the blog since I plan to go after that full set (base set plus all of the inserts, both full-sized and mini-sized)!

3.  The Want List

By the end of 2022, my goal is to have no more than 60 sets on my want list.  This year, I've completed 18 sets while adding on two new sets to collect for a net gain of -15 sets thus far.  That's awesome!  Of course, I'll be adding on a bunch of sets when the aforementioned Allen & Ginter set is released but we'll worry about that later this year!

4.  The Great Reorganization

As usual, the less said about this goal the better.  Reorganizing, while important, never seems to be the thing that I feel like doing.  Certainly not on the scale that is necessary for my collection!  I have added some more trade bait to my TCDB profile, so it's not like I haven't done anything but I'd be lying if I said anything other than the fact that I still have a long, long ways to go on this particular resolution.

5.  My LEGO Blog (here)

The goal was to average 3 posts per month and so far I'm right on that number.  I've been busy this summer doing lots of LEGO related things with my son so I know I have some more stuff to write about in the near future.  Unfortunately, LEGO posts take a long time to write and I still don't have the readership numbers to perhaps justify the amount of time spent...but since I do enjoy LEGO myself I'm planning on keeping on in my little corner of the internet.

6.  Reading

The goal for 2022 was to read six books.  I've been stuck on book #2 for the year for a long time now.  It's not exactly a bad book thus far but it simply hasn't grabbed my attention enough for me to read over other activities.  Six books is looking unlikely but you never know.

7.  Disc Golf

I haven't played disc golf in about two months so this resolution is all but over.  

8.  Woodworking

Another goal that I've let slide for the better part of the year.

9.  LEGO Robotics

This was supposed to be the year that I got to teach LEGO Robotics (finally) after being delayed multiple years due to covid.  Unfortunately, that's no longer the case as I'm scheduled to teach four sections of Calculus I and a section of Multivariable Calculus (Calculus III) this year instead.  That being said, I do hope to dig into my personal LEGO Robotics kit (with the idea of using it with my son).  I'm not sure how much I can do with a four-year-old but seeing as how my son loves gears right now I figured the robot kit would be of interest to him!  Plus as a side bonus, maybe he'll learn a little bit of coding along the way.

And with that, the update is complete.  So far, 2022 has been good for certain goals and not-so-good for others (isn't that the way it usually works)?!  I can't really complain though so overall I'll say that I'm doing alright thus far.  Plenty of time to make some real progress on some of the resolutions that have fallen by the wayside...not to start organizing (ugh).

Comments

  1. My younger son has been doing Lego Robotics for a few years now. He was supposed to move up last year but he insisted on staying with the Legos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lego Robotics sounds super fun. I should look into it. My principal is looking for new clubs at our school. Then again... I've got a lot invested in board games already.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment