Featured Post

Cardboard Ornaments Work for Me!

I probably should have saved my recent Sportlots purchase envelope for when my COMC purchase box showed up - after all, it's more of the same today:  Christmas ornaments!


Yep, a slew of needed 2000 Pacific baseball Ornaments.  I love how Pacific went the extra mile for this set and included a number of different die-cut ornament designs - it definitely adds to the entire theme of the set!  

It shouldn't be too much longer before I'll have 18 of the 20 cards in this set in hand (I'm waiting on a couple more ornaments to make their way to me and then I need to track down both the Griffey and the Jeter from this set before I can call it complete and now I'm also waiting on the Griffey and the Jeter to arrive as I was able to track them down finally)!  I may not have a lot of interest in cards from 2022 but I've certainly been enjoying chasing these ornament cards from over two decades ago.  If nothing else, it's proof that a good idea (or at least, a willingness to try different things) can inspire collectors both at the time and in the future.  I find it quite difficult to believe that a set like 2022 Topps flagship will be inspiring very many collectors in the year 2044.  

Also, how scary is it that the year 2044 is 2022 as 2022 is to the year 2000?!

Comments

  1. Yet another turn-of-the-century insert set with no Dodgers. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Reds either (which is probably why I ignored the set back when it came out)!

      Delete
  2. I hope I'm still around in 2044 and I'm enjoying life... because it means I'm still collecting and will have been retired for about a decade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment