Featured Post

The Quest for 35!

My 2022 Blog Resolutions - Check-In #4 for the Year.

Every so often (i.e. when I think to do so), I like to do a check-in with the current year's New Year's Blog Resolutions in order to see how I'm progressing (as well as to keep me on track for my stated goals of the year).  

My last resolution check-in was all the way back in July so let's see what's changed since that time!  I fully expect today's check-in to be the final one prior to the end of the year.

1.  Barry Larkin Collection
My stated goal was to get to at least 905 posted Barry Larkin cards from my collection.  I'm already above that total having recently posted Barry Larkin card #919 in my collection!  Easy success here.

2.  Trading
My goal was to complete at least 100 trades this year.  Currently, I'm sitting at about 70 trades or so which puts me close to my goal.  The delay of this year's edition of Topps Allen & Ginter hurt because that's the one modern set I buy each year (and thus the set that I typically can do the most trading for)!

3.  The Want List
My goal was to whittle my want list down to no more than 60 sets.  Currently, I'm well below that total but when/if 2022 Allen & Ginter is released I'll probably be adding all of the various inserts to my want list so I do expect things to end up close to my stated goal once the year is complete.  For now, I've gone from 64 sets at the start of 2022 to only 46 sets now.

4.  The Great Reorganization
I've spent a ton of time this summer organizing my collection...too bad that was for my LEGO collection and not my baseball card collection.  That said, I have done a bit of organizing of my baseball cards including posting some more trade bait over on TCDB.  Not the greatest effort ever, but not a complete failure thus far!

5.  My LEGO Blog
My goal was to post a total of 36 times.  I'm still on pace to do that seeing as how I recently posted my 30th post for the year over on my blog.

6.  Reading
The idea for this was to read a total of six books for the year.  I'm still sitting at only one novel read and honestly I don't think I'll get to six books this year.  I like reading but I happen to like plenty of other hobbies even more!

7.  Disc Golf 
The latest course I got to play in 2022 (about 1 week ago, our final warm day of the year?)

My goals here included throw 300 feet off the tee pad consistently (I'm nowhere close), break par on the course I play most often (also still not close), and finally, play on three new-to-me courses this year (that one I have actually completed).

8.  Woodworking
I never got around to making a new strawberry cage this year but I did start on my wooden ornament for my son.  I really need to finish that though before it gets too cold to work in my woodshop (i.e. my unheated garage)!

9.  LEGO Robotics
This course was cancelled due to many factors outside my control.  I can't be held responsible for failing to reach this goal as none of the factors were my fault!

And there you have it, a quick check-in on my progress for the year thus far.  By my count, I'll say goals #1, 3, and 5 are total successes so far, #2, 7, and 8 are close enough, and #4 and 6 are probably complete failures (with #9 not counting one way or the other).


Comments