- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I promise I won't start every post with an advertisement for my new Discord channel for baseball card collectors and group break participants but I am still working hard to drum up interest there (join here). I'm going to transition a lot of my group breaks over to Discord so that people don't have to use Facebook anymore. I'm also planning to host giveaways and contests over on Discord - ideally I'd like to make it a wonderful community for bloggers and baseball card fans everywhere!
Now, here's your regularly scheduled post for today!
I began going through the six MLB divisions the other day trying to match each team to a Christmas-themed item. After going through the AL East and then the AL Central, I'm now ready to tackle the AL West. Let's get to it!
Abominable Snowman - Houston Astros
What's a team that reaches towering proportions (World Series championships) and yet no one likes? Exactly, the Astros. Much like the Abominable Snowman himself, the Astros can reach the highest heights and yet they are generally disliked by almost everyone.
Grinch - Oakland Athletics
The Athletics are the perfect Grinch of this year's Major League Baseball. After all, what other team is threatening to leave their home city and take away baseball for their fans? Couple that with the three words that best describe the A's lately (stink. stank. stunk.) and you've got yourself the Grinchiest of all the teams out there.
Mistletoe - Los Angeles Angels
Rooting for the Angels has to be akin to hanging up Mistletoe and then hoping that somehow your crush shows up and stands in just the right spot. Sure, you may have the requisite items (whether that be a historic talent like Ohtani or freak-of-nature Trout), but without that special someone showing up at the right time, you've basically got nothing more than a stick with some leaves hanging from your ceiling. Worthless and disappointing, all rolled into one failed attempt at easy love.
Santa - Texas Rangers
Santa has been known to fill stockings (see below) but I think it's the big man himself who best represents the Texas Rangers, at least that's true as of a few days ago! The Rangers got one of the biggest gifts on the market in the form of Jacob deGrom, and while one can argue how well that money was spent, there's no denying that's deGrom is a big present for Ranger fans!
Stockings - Seattle Mariners
The Mariners are best represented by Christmas stockings. You know the deal, you hang up your sock at night and then hope it gets filled with some nice gifts before you wake up the next day. That's basically Mariners fans lately - they keep hanging up their stocking and Mariner management has been filling them up left and right (just look at all their trade deadline acquisitions last year). Unfortunately, much like gifts within most stockings...well, they aren't actually what people want. People actually want the big, shiny gift under the tree - and for Mariner fans, that shiny gift hasn't yet been addressed to them. But hey, stocking gifts are cool, too!
Comments





You nailed it on the Angels.
ReplyDeleteGrinch. Nice. Stink, stank, stunk. Love it.
ReplyDelete