Featured Post

Landing a White Whale!

Another day, another package sitting on my desk that I can finally file away properly!  Today's package is  a single-card eBay purchase that I made but it's a good one!


That's my second new-to-me 2010 Allen & Ginter relic card in a week after going months (years?) without making progress on that particular set build!  You never know when you'll get lucky, I guess.  The Fukudome card is, I believe, a fairly short-printed relic card.  I do know that it doesn't come up for sale often so I was happy to grab it at a reasonable price.  

Speaking of things I'd be happy to grab, here's what remains for my 2010 Allen & Ginter set build:
2010 Allen & Ginter Wants:  
Minis:
World's Biggest:  6, 7, 9, 14, 19, 25
Regular back minis:  6, 34, 54, 212, 230, 274, 294
Relics:
AJ.  Avery Jenkins
DH.  Dan Haren
LB.  Lance Berkman
NF.  Neftali Feliz
RH.  Ryan Howard (bat only)

As you can see, I'm down to needing only five more relics - I missed out on an Avery Jenkins relic a few years ago and I'm definitely kicking myself for that.  The Haren and Berkman relics are, I believe, printed in roughly the same numbers as the Fukudome.  Part of the problem (I think) in finding those relics for sale is that the people that do have them probably consider them to be relatively worthless relics, after all, neither Feliz nor Berkman is a "big name" in the hobby.  There's also a bat relic version of Ryan Howard's card that I need (I have the jersey version for him).  Will I ever finish this set?  I still think probably not but then again I have acquired two cards from the set within the last couple of weeks so who knows?!


Comments

  1. It'd be so cool if you stumbled across a dollar bin with a few of these relics you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the Cub!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment