Featured Post

Monday's are for TCDB

I know, I know.  Yesterday, I wrote I was going to cut back on posts here on the blog and then the very next day I'm posting again.

Well, too bad.  I'm trying a thing where I post when/if I feel like it and I do want to make sure I give credit to all my TCDB trade partners so buckle up, it's mailbag time!

First up, from TCDB user Sandycoach comes eleven different 2023 Topps Series 2 base cards that I still needed for my set build.  


Everyone is probably sick of 2023 Topps by now so I simply scanned my favorite of the eleven cards.  I do like celebration shots on my baseball cards (though I could do without the checklists within the base set).  

Next up, a trade with CastleAnthrax:



This trade was interesting in that originally CastleAnthrax sent me the wrong card (the Emerald parallel which isn't what I'm collecting).  After alerting him, he said he'd find the right card and he did - so now I get to knock one more card off of my 2000 Metal set needs.  

At this point in time, I'm two cards away from never needing to look at the 2000 Metal set again:
2000 Skybox Metal wants:
Base:  204, 239

Yeah, I've fallen out of love with this particular set but it's hard to give up on it when I'm only two cards shy of completing the full thing.  

My final trade of the week arrived two days ago - and with it, I can now officially knock the 2023 Topps flagship set off of my want list.  That's right, TCDB user jason@encompassaccou had the final 13 base cards that I needed and I was able to work out a deal to get them all in a single PWE.



Of the bunch, my favorite was the Yainer Diaz celebration shot.  Looks like a happy day for the rookie - and what a nice rookie card for his family to collect!  

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  I do expect trading to continue to slow down (especially now that I have less time for baseball cards).  That said, I do have a number of outstanding trades that I'm still waiting to arrive so hopefully I'll have something to show off next Monday!


Comments