Featured Post

Why is this a Thing (and Why Did I Buy It?)

Today's word of the day must be "Why?"  As in, why did I buy this:

Why is this a thing?  Why did I feel compelled to spend actual dollars on it?  Why am I so dumb?  


All valid questions, and unfortunately, I have no good answers.  The above card is a "Longevity" parallel from the 2017 Panini Stars & Stripes baseball set.  According to both baseballcardpedia and TCDB there are multiple Longevity parallels in the 2017 set.  There's Longevity and Longevity base.  From what I can tell, the card you see above is from the Longevity parallel set since it has the word "longevity" repeated in the background.  If anyone has any information for me as to how to tell the Longevity base from the Longevity parallels, I'm all ears!  

Until then, I'll keep asking why.

Comments

  1. Why is easy for you, it's Barry Larkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular Longevity is mirror foil with no writing behind the player. This is the Longevity Longevity which is a really stupid thing Panini did but it's Panini so that explains the why part, LOL. It looks like the color parallels only have the name in different colors and different levels of Serial Numbering, but at least those are easy to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a thing because people like yourself keep buying them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment