Featured Post

Buying Off Facebook Marketplace (Part 2)

A few days ago, I showed off the first part I showed off the first part of a large baseball card purchase I made over on Facebook marketplace.  Today, it's time to resume our tour of what I bought myself!  

We'll begin with a card from 2021 Panini Immaculate, a set that I have never opened for myself!


That is a bat card that is numbered out of only 15.  Generally speaking, I ignore all Larkin cards with a stated print run of less than 25 copies but if I can get one in a larger lot of cards I certainly won't complain.  The above card is now the third lowest serially-numbered Barry Larkin card in my collection (I also own a single 1/1 Barry Larkin card and a Larkin #/10).  

Next, another Panini Immaculate Collection, though this time it is from 2022 and numbered out of 99 copies.


Although the blue parallel at the top of the post is rarer (in terms of serial-numbering), I think I prefer the more common card from 2022 since the pinstripe bit of cloth is more interesting than the chunk of wood.  I also like that Panini included the MLB Hall of Fame logo on the Hall of Fame Materials inserts (which is what you see above).

Sticking with Panini but moving to a new year (and brand), we have this 2023 Panini National Treasures relic of Barry's:


Much like Panini Immaculate, I've never opened a single pack or box of Panini National Treasures.  Both of those brands are much too high-end (i.e. expensive) for my blood.  However, when given the opportunity to land a bunch of Barry Larkin cards from those sets I didn't hesitate to take the plunge!  

Finally, I'll end today's post with one more Panini card.  This is another from the Panini Immaculate brand but this time it's from 2023:


Numbered out of only 35 copies, this is another fairly rare card for my collection.  However, the real reason I like this one so much is the bright red bit of cloth, so much more interesting than your usual white or gray bits that you see in most relics.

That does it for the second batch of cards from my Facebook purchase.  I have one more group of cards to show off...and that final post will have one of my favorite cards out of all the cards that I obtained via the purchase so stay tuned for that coming to the blog soon!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on adding all of these Larkins to your collection. I normally wouldn't go out of my way to purchase Panini relics for my player collections, but if I found a good deal... I'd be all over it. I've heard FB is a great place to buy cards. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment