Featured Post

Cincinnati Reds: Good News That Must Be Shared

According to MLB.com, two more Cincinnati Reds players from last year filed for free agency: Paul Bako and Corey Patterson.

Now, as my loyal readers know, I thought of Patterson as a black hole of immense suckitude on the 2008 Reds team. MLB.com is slightly nicer to Mr. Patterson, stating that "His (Paterson's) average was tied with Detroit's Brandon Inge for lowest in the Majors among hitters with at least 375 plate appearances." That's "politically correct" speak for "Patterson sucks more than a Hoover".

I haven't had a lot to cheer for with my Reds, but perhaps they are finally willing to admit they were completely wrong on many personnel decisions last year (Bako, Patterson, Fogg, etc.). After all, isn't admitting you were wrong the first step to recovery?

Here's to 2009. Pitchers and catchers report in 98 days (thanks to the World Baseball Classic forcing many players to report a bit earlier than normal).



Sources:
http://www.cjshoppingmall.com/images/hoover_vacuum.jpg
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081103&content_id=3661821&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Comments

  1. My first thought when reading your post was "Yeah, Patterson sucks, but Paul Bako is a pretty cabable back up catcher." Then I looked at his stats on Baseball Reference and saw that he played 99 games and got over 300 at bats. My next thought was "oooooooooooh. Now I understand."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you. I know how much you didn't love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I read the other day that "several teams have expressed interest in Red Sox SS Julio Lugo" and almost jumped for joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're still doing that WBC Thing? Huh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:38 PM

    LOL! I had high hopes for Patterson, I've been a fan of his since his Chicago days (I'm also a Cubs fan). But I really think he should find a new career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment