Featured Post

2009 Spectrum - I Bought It So You Don't Have To.

I'm a sucker. Products like UD Spectrum exist because people like me go to the store, don't find what they are looking for (Topps Heritage), and instead of leaving with their money in pocket, decide to buy a shiny box full of crap. Yep, that's me...not once, not twice, but three times. I figure at this point I might as well try to collect the stupid thing - the SAME exact thing happened to me last year, I feel so foolish.

I already wrote about my first blaster here. My second and third blasters were equally craptastic. Here's what I got:

Some base cards - at a mere 4 cards per pack, you don't even get very many of these.

2 Blue Parallels - apparently these are 1 per blaster.

20th Anniversary Upper Deck Retrospective - 2 per blaster, 4 total.

I pulled Hurrican Hugo, Orlando Magic, U.S. Flag Desecration, and Michael Jordan. How's that for a random collection of topics. It seems that you get one "sports" card and one "news" card per blaster - at least that's what happened in the three blasters I've bought.

2 Relics, 1 per box (on average as the box loudly yells).

SS-RB: Ryan Bruan

SS-VW: Vernon Wells

I've got my want list updated with the Spectrum cards that I'm missing (and if you happen to like this stuff, maybe you can help finish my 2008 Spectrum set too?!)

Comments

  1. Those things are so hideous. I don't even want to collect the Dodgers. But I know I must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing that Hurricane Hugo card brings back a lot of childhood memories...memories of cleaning up my front yard with my dad for weeks after that storm.

    You sound like me though -- if the store doesn't have what I want I will spend my money on something else, just to buy it, then I end up trying to complete the set just because I have cards that I don't have any other use for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't touch the stuff. But... if you have any extra Cardinals to unload, you know who to talk to. I guess I'm with Night Owl there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment