Featured Post

Pack Wars I: Pack 18 - 2004 Fleer Ultra Update

With only two packs left, Box 2 is down 1 pack and 30 points. For the second to last pack, it's time to open the 2004 Fleer Ultra Update packs. Until I opened the repack box, I didn't even know there was an update set to the Fleer Ultra line.

Note: For complete scoring rules, check out the initial post.

Pack #18: 2004 Fleer Ultra Update


This is the second consecutive pack with Roger Clemen's steroid-infused mug on it. Blech.

Box 1:

251. Scott Podsednik (-1 point for being a Brewer)

244. Kenny Lofton (-4 points for being a Yankee.)

260. Kevin Youkilis (-2 points for being a Red Sox. Boy, what a terrible start!)

275. Adam Everett (-1 point for being an Astro. I'm beginning to think Box 2 rigged this pack!)
288. Pat Burrell (0 points...and that makes it the best card so far.)
345. Andy Green (0 points. Lousy rookie.)
377. Steve Andrade (0 points. Another lousy rookie, the second of the promised two.)
221. Vladimir Guerrero - Gold Medallion Insert (+10 points for being an insert. These were seeded 1 in every 3 packs and are die cut on one corner.)

Fleer Dummy Card (0 points)

Total points: -1 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 10 + 0 = 2 points.

Once again, Box 1 lays a rotten egg. Box 2 can even this whole Pack Wars up with even a mediocre pack...

Box 2:

227. Miguel Tejada (Never much liked this guy, even before the steroid business. 0 points)
236. Armando Benitez (0 points)
263. Craig Wilson (Hey, a Pirate! +2 points)
264. Richard Hidalgo (0 points)

285. Paul Konerko (0 points)
295. Ken Harvey (0 points)
297. Kazuhito Tadano (0 points. Another lousy rookie.)
374. Joey Gathright (0 points, but the only one of the rookies that I've actually heard of.)

HM-AD. Adam Dunn - Hitting Machines (Silver) Relic Insert (HOLY COW! I've never, ever pulled a Reds relic card, let alone a Red that I actually like! +10 for being a Red, +5 for being on the select list of players, and then x5 since it's a "hit"! That's 125 points for this card alone!)

Total points: 0 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 125 = 127 points!!

An absolutely unbelievable turning of the tides! Box 2 was behind the entire time, but throwing out a Red relic in the second to last pack has catapulted Box 2 to the front in terms of total points! The entire Pack Wars is now tied with only 1 pack left. Who will win? Only one way to find out - stay tuned!

Running tally (1 pack left):
Box 1: 9 pack wins and +182 total points
Box 2: 9 pack wins and +275 total points

Comments

  1. wow - talk about a turn of events

    I want that Youkilis card if you're willing to let go of it - what do you need or want in exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I´m Charlie from BSN Sports... i would like to exchange links with you.

    Please let me know if you are interesting.

    Here's my info if you are interested exchanging links:

    Url: http://www.bsnsportsblog.com

    Anchor: Sports Betting News

    Feel free to contact me with your details.

    Kind Regards,

    Charlie Jimenez

    Contact@bsnsportsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting "hits" out of repack stuff. It makes me feel like I beat the system somehow.

    I also had no idea that there was ever a Fleer Ultra Update set at any point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bw: send me an email and it's yours. If you have anything off my want list that'd be cool, but if not it's still yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment